Sunday, February 26, 2006

Knitting for the Olympics

Through the trials and tribulations, it was on the whole a lot of fun. I would like to publicly thank the Yarn Harlot (www.yarnharlot.ca/blog) and Team Canada. They made this experience possible for me.
So to recap. Inspired by my friend Cedar's (www.mayneisland.com/cedarchristie/) beautiful painting I designed and knit a sweater.
Front:

Back
Well, I liked the concept but I felt the finished result had much room for improvement. I shelved the sweater intending one day to take it on. Well, one day came when the Yarn Harlot invited us to knit for the Olympics. So I went to work.

Drum roll please...


This is the front. I love the pockets. I will definitely be using this concept again. I also love the closure. Although you can't really see it in this picture I created French cuffs..something else I love. ...but do you want to know a secret... I am not wild about the collar.
The back. You can kind of make out the French cuffs. My intarsia technique has improved. ...but what about the top half of the window. ...I didn't account for the upper part of the back being larger than the lower part. Who knew? To be honest, it did effect the design. ..and so I grow. How do I adapt the pattern to account for this? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Here is a better look at the back.

So what do you think? Did I improve on the first sweater? I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Oh, yes and I have recently received many emails regarding the Double Knit Cast on Method. I will be posting a blog concerning this method. Look for it around the middle of March.

1 Comments:

Blogger Micky said...

Both of them are lovely. I like the first one though. Just a personal preference. I think it's the colors. But both of the windows are wonderful.
:)

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home