Saturday, February 18, 2006

3 posts for a $1

Thursday night:
I recently became the wife of a fire tamer. A couple of months ago hubby became one of the newest members of the volunteer fire department. These brave, dedicated men and women (we have two women in our fire department) run towards trouble. They keep Mayne Island safe. Tonight hubby was called out twice. The trouble was caused by yet another wind storm. There is no way for him... for me ...for anyone to know what type of crisis they will face. At home, I tend to worry. It is at these times that I am most thankful for designer deadlines. Like breathing, I knit in love 1-2-3 and knit out worry 4-5-6. It helps when I keep my hands busy.

Friday:
Mother Nature in her wisdom decided to declare Friday, Feb. 17th a cross-island holiday. Though cold the day was full of sun. So we stocked our wood stoves and enjoyed ourselves. Of course, a rare few like the hydro guys and I could and did continue to work. Hubby was called out one last time to don his fire fighter hat. The lights flashed three times at 6:15 pm but then finally we were ushered back into the 21st century.

Saturday:
Eager to post an entry I rushed to my computer. My intentions though noble were thwarted. I had to wait patiently as Mayne Island was re-connected to the world. Luckily, I had "stuff" to do. Today was the "appreciation luncheon" for the library volunteers. The library board members feed us well. So I went, I saw, I ate, and I rolled home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home