Thursday, February 16, 2006

What not to wear: when you are knitting

"What not to wear" I love that show. However, when hubby ordered our satellite package he made sure that we got ALL the sports channels and most of the movie channels. ...but HGTV. ...what exactly is HGTV? ...and why do you want it? So I live my life pining for HGTV. Group sob. Moving on...

What not to wear: when you are knitting
- avoid velcro or zippers: unless they are below your knee or two inches from your chin. Why? They both grab yarn and sometimes won't let go. ...an ugly, ugly scene that should happen to no knitter.
-when working with yarn that sheds don't wear black. This also works in the reverse. A yarn container helps. (Do you remember our yarn container. Please read "How to keep your yarn clean while you work)
-when working with small needles don't wear a chunky knit sweater. I have this bad habit of shoving my needle against my stomach to move the stitches to the end of the needle. If you don't do this than you can wear said sweater.
-avoid large sleeves. Needle ends get caught in the sleeves. You can wear these sleeves if you roll them up.

Next post: Golly, I'm not sure. I guess it will be a surprise to both of us. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home