Monday, February 13, 2006

Smelly Yarn

Smelly yarn,
Oh smelly yarn,
What shall we,
do with you?

I know...I know...I should have been a songwriter. ...or not. Anyway, moving on.

Two scenarios:
-You are carrying your knitting in your knitting bag. It is a beautiful spring day. Last night's rain has left the world smelling fresh but it has also left mud puddles. As you are crossing one a yarn ball takes a dive.

-The nice older lady, who lives down the way, has just given you her stash. Opening the plastic container releases the smell.

Normally, the rule regarding smelly yarn is to run quickly and quietly away. However, sometimes life happens and due to unforeseen circumstances you are faced with washing yarn. If it is acrylic I would advice airing it out. Knit your item and then simply sticking it in the wash. On the other hand, if it is wool the key word is "gently". Here is an excellent web site: http://www.neauveau.com/washwool.html

Now it is time for your Knitting Olympic update. I am going for gold, ladies and gentlemen. The "Cedar's window" sweater back now measures 11". When I have finished the back I will post a picture. Do you think I can knit the entire sweater in 16 days? I do have other committments? Like finishing the updates so I can submit them to my web designer. ...what to do? ...what to do?

Tomorrow: Happy Valentine's Day
Really its Valentine's day? Oh, no, what ever will I do for hubby? Faded to black.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home