Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Balking at change

Knitters have been categorized in many ways. Here is yet another.

Some knitters are eager to gain process in the craft. They sail along from aran to intrasia to gosh knows what all. I do not fit in this category. My category is more the "I'm happy where I am why change."

I balk at both difficult situations and difficult knitting. I find my comfort zone and snuggle myself in. I don't like it when the alarm goes off and I must rouse myself to face something new. I would rather snore on. So why am I freaking out about the fact that there are only five days remaining until the end of the olypmics? Why did I sign up for the knitting olympics?

It's all her fault: www.yarnharlot.ca/blog
and their fault: http://teamcanada2006.blogspot.com/
They made it seem like so much fun. And really its not that bad. I have learned that when you grow...when you push yourself to attain a new level...you attain a new...comfort zone. One with nicer curtains and warmer blankets.

My progress: I have cast off the back. I have five inches left on the front. I haven't started the sleeves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home