Thursday, February 02, 2006

Exile Island


Regardless of what our little friend predicts it will eventually be spring. It is an undeniable force.





Okay, time for yet another dirty little secret. I must confess: I am a survivor fan. I wait with eager anticipation tonight's premiere of 'Survivor: Exile Island'.

Though I must admit I found last year's premiere lam. It had a huge set-up but just as big a let down. Tonight I hope for something better.

I like the fact that they have returned to islands. IMHO, Survivor should be nay must be set on an island. Further, I am intrigued by the Exile Island concept. I wonder if they will allow them to bring personal belongings to isolation? If so, in my fantasies, it would be heavenly. I, of course, would bring my knitting. Imagine long uninterrupted hour upon hour of knitting. "Wouldn't it be love-ly." As Eliza Doolittle would say.

When nay if I become bored with my knitting...right like that could happen...there are countless games I could play with some yarn and sticks.

Yes, there is a practical side. When I was hunger I could spear fish with my knitting needles. Yes, I am a vegetarian. Unfortunately, though, tofu does not grow wild on tropical islands. With yarn and needles, I could whip up a darn nice trap for shelter. Oh, yes, ... is there any airport security officials reading?...none...good...and I could protect myself against hostiles with my trusty 4.50mm/US 7s.

Yes, I would enjoy Exile Island. Here's hoping that Survivor does not disappoint. Who's making the popcorn?

Tomorrow: Keeping yarn clean while you work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home