Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Did I say that?

A project in grade twelve English directed us to present our favourite poet. I have never lost my passion for Robert Burns. He had a hard life. He died poor. Yet the poems he wrote to honour his people will live forever.

"To A Mouse, On Turning Her Up In Her Nest With The Plough
...
The best-laid schemes o'mice an' men
Gang aft agley"
Oh, yes, Robert I know of what you write. I had the best intentions when I started this blog. Yet, I find I must retrace my steps. I must scrap off some mud which has collected on my boots.
Please allow me to take a closer look at what I've said and clear up some misdirections.

First of all I have stated that acrylic yarn is not suitable for a garter stitch sweater because it stretchs.


Well, I knit this sweater in garter stitch using Paton's Melody Quick & Cozy at least five years ago and it has yet to stretch.

Second, I stated that you could tell what weight of yarn you had by looking at the needles required. Well, there is an easier why than that. Do you see the "4" in the picture? Well, this "4" stands for Worsted, Afghan, Aran yarn. There are numbers from "1" to "6". "1" indicates sock, fingering, baby yarn. "2" indicates sport, baby yarn. "3" indicates double knit, light worsted. "4" we have addressed. "5" indicates chunky, craft, rug yarn. "6" indicates bulky, roving. Allow me to praise the wise person who developed this method.

Lastly, I joked in a recent post that a way to obtain free yarn was to use a Mother's love. Though it was written in jest I would not want anyone to think for a moment that I would advice this as a way to obtain yarn. ...and besides men knit: www.menknit.net So why waste time on Mom. ...just kidding.

Tomorrow's post: Where to knit

Happy Australia day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home