Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Olavia's pattern club

Happy Muharram!

I enjoy every aspect of knitwear design: planning the design, choosing the yarn, knitting the prototype, writing the rough draft, editing, and completing the new pattern. I always look forward to interacting with the knitting community: knitters, yarn shop retailers, yarn manufacturers/producers, publication editors, and fellow knitwear designers. I have a special appreciation for Patricia's Yarn Cabin on Vancouver Island in BC. Patricia was the first yarn shop to carry my designs.

My baby steps as a knitwear designer were challenging. I look back over these past three years in amazement. Due to the support I received from you I have grown as a designer. This support has helped me see that my work has value and that my dream of becoming a full-time designer can become reality. For this, I am deeply grateful.

Knitwear designers add excitement to knitting with new concepts, techniques, and shapes. We envision what has yet to be.

In a recent survey conducted by Patons', 47%, of those polled, reported that the number one item knitters look for in yarn shops is new patterns.

My passion to develop new patterns lead me to form Olavia's ,monthly pattern club. For a minimal fee, I will send you one new pattern per month.

"Love the patterns you have sent" writes Shirley T. a member of the club.

You are all invited to join the club. When you join, I will email you all the patterns you have missed so far.

November's
December's
January's
February's
Without knitters there would be no knitwear designers.

Tomorrow's: The Reader's Digest version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home