Friday, June 13, 2008

Knitting Publicly

Just what did I accomplish this week?
Well, I took this ferry...
across the sea to Salt Spring Island. My destination was...

ArtCraft gallery in Mahon Hall. Mahon Hall (seen in the above picture) is located on 114 Rainbow Road in Ganges. Visit: http://www.gulfislands.net/directories/galleries.asp to learn more about the gallery. While there I delivered my inventory and helped set up. It was fun. The place was a hive of activity. Each year, I marvel at the professional displays that are assembled in this historic hall. It really is worth taking a peek. You may find the perfect earrings, painting, or even knitting kit.
Tomorrow...just what will I be doing tomorrow? Well, tomorrow is knit in public day. So I plan to knit in public. In order to accomplish this feat, I will take a ferry once again across the sea. This time my destination will be Vancouver Island. I want to find a partner for this lovely yarn.

It is a mohair and acrylic blend. I want to find an acrylic yarn to make the knitting a little easier. I am aware that acrylic yarn has and is falling out of favour with most knitters. My (once) favourite yarn shop supply of said yarn is now greatly reduced. So I will be forced to shop at a big box store. I really hope that they still carry my favourites. I love Patons Decor but if I can't find that I will settle for another of Patons yarns.
Why do I like Patons?
Knitablity, easy care, and quality of the yarn.
No, Patons hasn't paid me to advertise.
I do enjoy knitting with wool, mohair, bamboo, and the like but I am very attached to acrylic. I hope it doesn't become an endangered species.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home