Friday, May 02, 2008

made it

This is what mother nature accomplished this week...

apple blossoms
lilac budding
And me. What did I accomplish?
Thanks for asking

Finished this sweater...

and started this one...

Yes, I love colour.
"What about yesterday?" I hear you ask, "How did things go?"
Well, very well. I can't say enough about the fine care I received at Lady Minto. The nurses and the doctors are all very capable, caring people.
Still there is no escaping the power of the mind. I have lived a long time without the intervention of doctors. I have gone for annual check-ups and of course mammograms. However, nothing major.
Yesterday was a full of many new experiences. I got my first IV. Thankfully due to the powerful meds I don't remember much. I do remember that I employed some stress coping techniques. For example, I visualized being in my happy place: outside sitting in my knitting chair. That was before the procedure.
During the procedure - I don't remember much.
After, I can remember saying something like... "This was fun we should do it again." Yeah, those were good drugs.
What did they find?
Well, it looks like I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/irritable-bowel-syndrome/DS00106. Sounds pretty, uh? Well, it is believe me. Pretty but not that deadly thankfully. Treatment will mean keeping a tight hold on my diet and learning successful ways to deal with stress.

I wish you a relaxing weekend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home