Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Gastroscopy

I am a healthy person. My time in hospitals has been brief: birth and a short stay when I was 18 months. Frankly, I would rather not see doctors, nurses, dentists. I assure you its nothing personal. I know most are caring, capable individuals. I was "knocked out" once and woke up in tears. All of this simply to explain my silence this week.
You see, I have been suffering with stomache trouble. This trouble has forced me to make some changes in my lifestyle. I now eat smaller meals and don't eat after 7:30 pm. My exercising has been reduced to a daily walk and Tia Chi. Bouncing around is not good.
What is the source of this discomfort? No one knows. We all want answers and so tomorrow I will be having an explorational procedure: gastroscopy http://www.rhss.bc.ca/bins/content_page.asp?cid=106-133-138-152-674
Now, even though I have spoken with many people who have assured me that it is a piece of cake I still worry. I am a worrier. So, this week instead of writing this blog that's what I have been doing: worrying. Its not a productive way to spend my time. I would rather not worry. I would like to trust that all will go well. And I will try. Your positive thoughts are welcome, as always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home