Saturday, May 31, 2008

Favourite

Good bye May. Where the month went is any one's guess. I certainly don't know. What did I accomplish this month.
Well, writing wise I sent three manuscripts away to publishers. I have a while to wait before I hear anything (I hope) so I have decided to try (it will be a brave attempt) to forget about them and move on.
Knitting wise let's just take it one week at a time. Shall we? Last week I finished these two sweaters...


Also this month I introduced you to my space on the Author's Den.
http://www.authorsden.com/visit/author.asp?authorid=73154
It was very nice to see that some of you visited me there.
Your favourite piece of writing from that site was: A Love Letter.
Here it is...
We have always had a special relationship. When we meet you woed me with your clever tricks. You were never the same way twice. Sometimes your “b” looked like a “d”. Sometimes your “p” looked like a “q”. I was surprised to hear that you didn’t entertain everyone in this manner.

Later our relationship grew and I learnt that you could be collected into a group. I was informed that this group was read as a word.

Ah, how your words danced before my eyes. Sometimes “w-a-s” danced. How it waltzed. How it jigged. How it jived. Watch it now as it twists into “s-a-w”. Amazing! Thrilling! Yet you only danced for me.

Your behaviour does make our relationship challenging.

Words dance before my eyes…unclaimed. Sometimes I am forced to guess at your intent. You are always a puzzle, a surprise. You intrigue me. You entertain me. You embarrass me.

Do you remember the time I was reading you to a group of children? I thought we were having a merry old time until one of the children stopped me. It seems you had fooled me yet again but you hadn’t fooled the child. Perhaps it was my fault. Maybe I had upset you in some way.

Whatever the case, it was long ago and I have forgiven you.

My passion for you grows stronger everyday. I love you so.

So what if your relationship with others is easier and more harmonious. To me you will always be my A-B-C’s.

copyright ldyck 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home