Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I love this time of year

Especially this week when the sun is lighting more and more hours of our day and it is warm but not hot. Yes, this time of year is perfect for a creature such as I. I purr like a contented cat. As a result of this bliss I am able to create. I have been writing. I am working on two novels: one for adults and one for teens. The writing has come easily this week. Good ideas bounce from my brain to my pen to the page. I have also been knitting. A few posts ago (or was it last post) I told you about a blue yarn that I planned to transform into a .... Well, that blue yarn has been abandoned in favour of...
Now if you had told me last year or even last month that I would knit myself a variegated cardigan I would have said, "Are you crazy. I would never. Variegated yarn for a baby sweater - okay but for myself are you nuts."
However, clearly I have changed my mind. I am capable of doing this. I love this combination. I bought the variegated and light purple when off island. The beige I had in my stash. The light purple and variegated are a acrylic/wool blend (Paton's Decor). Get this the light purple was on sale for $2 a skein. So I urge you to go yarn shopping. It is the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home