Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hey, stretch

Want to know what really irks me?
People who refuse to look at the cold hard facts and waste resources because of it. People like...well...people like me.
Today's post was going reveal the beauty that is "Pulse" worked in an alpaca. I finished it last night. I was so proud of the finished product. I tried it on once.
"Hmm," I said, "It's a little long."
I tried it on again, "Still growing."
Well, I don't know if it will ever stop growing. When I am strong enough to face the alpaca again I will blend it with a stabilizer: another wool - perhaps.
Until then I just call it stretch as I fight back the tears.
Trouble is all of this could have been so easily avoided. You see I have worked a hat (toque) out of the stuff.
Did the hat stretch?
Yes.
You see what I mean. People who could avoid a terrible fate but don't simply because they failed to take caution. In this case failing to work a sample square in the beginning and then failing to learn from previous errors.
I was blinded by the beauty of the alpaca. I really do love to work with the wool. And my stash does not abound with it.
I wasted two more skeins. Wasted. Alpaca.
Can you feel my pain?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home