Thursday, February 22, 2007

Besides that...

Besides working on my latest book "Yarn Therapy" and working like mad on my knitting I have been attacking the front yard. Attacking is the right word.
Let me tell you a brief story.
You see the house that I grew up in had an unfinished basement. Mom was deeply embarrassed by this part of our house. She would move heaven and earth to ensure that no guest ventured forth into the lower reaches of our house. It was strictly reserved for family.
One day I heard to my surprise Mom say to my boyfriend, "It's just downstairs in the basement. Can you get it for me?"
I was shocked. Then I realized that Mom was not blind. She had noticed the way I looked at him. Her inviting him into the basement was her stamp of approval.
Now just where was I going with this story?
Oh, ya, I guess we all have certain things about our lives that we wish we could hide away. I know I do.
Currently, I am working to eliminate one. Well, maybe eliminate is not the right word. Perhaps I should say take care of one: the front yard.
I promised myself that each and every sun filled day I would weed the yard. It is sunny today. However, after reading the Yarn Harlot's latest post I wanted to send to her and all other knitters who are experiencing "winter" a small gift.
There among the weeds I found....
a tiny promise of spring.
Okay, I'm off to the front yard.
Next post: For your eyes only

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home