Friday, December 05, 2008

A small gift: a scarf pattern

Look, look, look...a pile of scarves.


The colours are way off and it just looks like, well, like a pile of scarves. Okay, not too impressive.

That might not be impressive but this is...


I knew you'd like it. Its so easy to knit and it can be yours all yours. Here's what you do...

1) Cast on stitches for a scarf (any number from 20 to 40 stitches depending on weight of the yarn, size of your needle and your personal preference)
2)Work the scarf in a main colour and a contrasting colour. Or you could even do what I did and go completely crazy and work in a solid colour and a variegated colour.
3) Work the (solid) main colour in two rows of purl followed by two rows of knit from the (variegated)contrasting colour.
3) (Bind off) Cast off when you reach your desired scarf length.

Wasn't that easy. I know.


Here's what's not easy.
Would you knit with this ball of yarn?
Well, I did.
Did you notice how frayed and knotted it is?
Well, I did and I knit with it any way.
I knit with it thinking that I could get away with it. I can do any thing. Or so I thought. Well, guess what I can't.
So, while you're casting on the stitches and working that cool pattern I just gave you - I will be too.


Am I getting your shoulder wet?


Please let this be a lesson to you. Be careful when you go stash diving. Check your yarn and check it twice. If it looks ratty or you're unsure err on the side of safety. Remember me frogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home