Monday, December 15, 2008

My off island adventure

Last Friday Hubby and I left our beloved island and began an ocean voyage that eventually took us to the BC mainland. There we feast, danced and shopped.
It was our Christmas visit. Hubby's office party was on Friday.
I wore a new sweater that I designed and knit for the occasion.
The party was held at the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club.
I worried what I would have to eat. I need not have worried. There was tons of food that I not only could eat but was also good for me. If you have IBS or know someone who has it you will know how special that is.
Saturday we went to a mall in Richmond. Richmond is has a wealth of Asian culture. While shopping, I found a pair of boots that I really wanted. They were on sale for $30 but didn't come in my size. I wear a size 8 and a half - nine (40). The largest size the boots came in was size 39. I contemplated cutting off my big toe but decided it would be too painful. You know what a whiner I am. While at the mall we met friends for lunch.
Hubby had...

I helped, I eat his tofu.
That afternoon we continued our shopping spree. I bought a new outfit: pants, 2 ts, sweater, shoes, and earrings. Everything for under $80.
That evening we went to a movie: the latest James Bond flick. How did it end? Well, I wish I could tell you. You see it started to snow and this caused an immediate black out. Fortunately, we had seen most of the movie.
Sunday we gathered at Hubby's parents for a family Christmas meal. It was a traditional Christmas dinner complete with turkey and all the stuffing. It smelt so good. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to eat any of it. Thankfully my mother-in-law had prepared a special meal especially for me. It was delicious. I have to remember to get the recipe.
Once back on the island, we watched the Survivor episode we had taped. I was so glad Bob won.

3 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

Me too, I was a huge Bob fan though I did like Sugar a lot too. Seems we saw a very edited version because the jury obviously didn't agree. I was shocked when Sandra got 3 votes.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Just realized that I rode the ferry with you last year when you and Byron took the boat over for the Xmas party. Time flies.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Author Leanne Dyck said...

Yes, that's right it was good to visit with you then. Hope you are surviving our current weather conditions. Thanks for your comments.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home