Thursday, August 07, 2008

off island: a solo tour

Yesterday I left my bonnie isle of Mayne. I crossed the sea on...

BC ferry. We docked at Salt Spring Island. Salt Spring Island is the big sister island to Mayne, Galiano, Pender, Saturna Islands. While on Salt Spring Island I visited ArtCraft


Currently (today is the last day)
Basketry
Out on the limb
is on display

















After that last picture, we may all agree that basketry is a sister to knitting.
It may be interesting to note that after my fun visit to Salt Spring Island I spent seven hours attempting to get back home to Mayne Island. What happened? Was I kidnapped? Did I take the wrong ferry? No, my friends none of the above I simply travelled by bus and ferry. That's how long it takes to get home on Wednesdays from Salt Spring Island. How long did it take to get to Salt Spring, you may ask. Oh, about an hour and a half. Thankfully I had a good book to read: The Memory Keeper's Daughter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home