Saturday, August 02, 2008

What I saw

I went to the art show opening last night. The first thing I realized was that I was wrong. There was more than just painters there. There was art that was pretty: lovely pictures of Mayne Island scenes. There was art with a message: sculptures such as a crow dressed as a flamingo. There was art that gave comfort: beautiful quilts. There was art that blended practicality with beauty: pottery. Please go see.
Today is an busy day on the island. On the Agricultural society grounds this morning there is the farmer's market. In the Ag Hall this morning until 2pm the art show continues. In Dinner Bay Park this afternoon - 2 pm - there is a dog show. Tonight in the Community Centre (I think it's at the Community Centre...it could be at the Ag Hall. Its a small island you'll find it. Look for a lot of cars.) there is a dance. I loved to go to every thing ...but my stomach wouldn't. We'll see who will win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home