Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Rest Q

Where do you go when your whole life comes crashing down around you? Where do you go when you feel abandoned and all alone? Where do you go…

Well, thankfully abused, abandoned and neglected animals have a home. The compassionate owners of Rest Q Sanctuary on Mayne Island throw their arms and home wide open for all in need.

Read more about Rest Q: http://www.restqsanctuary.org/

Today hubby and I visited Rest Q.


There to greet us where Kevin and Calvin.

This was my immediate challenge. You see as a young teen-ager I paid a visit to my brother’s farm. At the farm, there was a violent Tom Turkey. I did something to tick him off. I’m not sure what. …maybe breathe. Well he drummed his leg against the ground and came charging at me. He wanted blood. I ran as fast as I could to the car. Since that time I have been nervous around birds especially turkeys. I thought turkeys were violent birds. I thought that until I meet Kevin and Calvin. I was horrified to watch as Ty (one of the owners of Rest Q) picked Kevin up in his arms. What would happen, I wondered. What did happen? Kevin cuddled with Ty. It was wonderful to watch. I urge you to visit Rest Q. You will meet dogs, cats, parrots, guinea pigs, a rooster and bunnies. Lots and lots of bunnies. Currently Rest Q is raising money for the treatment of 18 newly acquired bunnies. Please support their efforts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home