Thursday, July 31, 2008

my writing on Author's Den

Once again this month on Author's Den (http://www.authorsden.com/visit/author.asp?authorid=73154) my most read piece of writing is Knitting in Iceland. To read this piece please log on to: http://oknitting2.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-writing.html The second runner up was Searching. Searching was inspired by a trip to Iceland.


Searching
I set sail for a distant land determined to find buried treasure: my roots.
Upon arrival I immediately set to work with axe and shovel.
The frozen land broke my axe. The rocks bent my shovel.
I roared at the mountains. I thundered at the sea.
"The soil I walk is foreign soil. The sounds I hear are foreign sounds. The air I breathe is foreign air. This Ice-land is not a part of me."
I clawed. I kicked. I yelled. I screamed. Exhausted I fell to my knees.
A distant faint voice sang in foreign sounds from deep within the earth.
"I did not hear? What did you say?" I begged.
My breath stirred the soil. The soil revealed a glimpse of a treasure yet to be discovered.
"Do I belong? When, how can I see more of you?"
The voice sang my reply, "Mjog gott…very good."
…my search had begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home