Monday, March 17, 2008

new pattern on www.oknitting.com



Hubby has fine taste. He often treats me to beautiful jewelry: which he has hand picked.

So when I decided to knit him a sweater I knew better than to go off willy-nilly. I knew that I would have to consult with him every step of the way. What type of fibre? We agreed on a cotton/acrylic bend. What colour? Oatmeal What design? I am very proud of our team creation. Did you notice the wide stripe running down one side of the sweater?

The sweater is knit in a combination of Stockinette stitch, seed stitch and rib. This version has a tension of 5 stitches to the inch. The version that you will find in the Knit Together magazine has a tension of 4 stitches to the inch.

I have decided to include both imperial (inches) and metric (centimeters) in this pattern. I intend to add the metric measurements to all of Olavia's hand knitting patterns (www.oknitting.com).

Byron's sweater has been added to the homepage and soon...very soon...(before the end of the week) the pattern will be added to the "for Him" page. If you can't wait that long, you can of course place your order now. The pattern sells for $5. Both an email and print version are available.

I finished knitting the sweater when we were on holidays in Hofsos, Iceland. I am thrilled that I was able to finish it in time to take the photos there. My fingers were working rapidly as I soaked in Hofsos' magic.

Happy knitting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home