Saturday, March 08, 2008

Kitty Knits


Sammy's repeative cries for food woke me this morning - as they usually do. We are attempting to break him of this bad habit. So far no luck. My cats manipulate me in a myraid of ways. I am owned by them. I am a cat person.


Donna Druchunas' new book Kitty Knits sums it up rather well. There it is on the front cover: "projects for cats and their people". I am my cats person...yes, sir...I am.


The book is full of interesting, fun projects for cats (from a food mat to cat bed) and for their people (from scarves to sweaters). It is a celebration of cats in poetic verse and pattern.


Joey, Sammy, Ticky and I whole-heartedly approve. You see, we all, in our own ways, are engaged in the process of knitting.


As you can see by the above picture, Joey enjoys my knitted sweaters. She sneaks on to my sweater shelves and curls up. There she drifts off to kitty dreamland where mice are plentiful and pats are endless.


Ticky is a fibre snob. His passion is wool. He can't resist a good rub on an undyed skein.

...and frequenters to www.oknitting.com 's sample pattern page will have noticed the cat wrapped in the purple scarf. Although, Sammy doesn't look like he is taking much pleasure in posing let me assure you that he is interested in each and every photo shot.


Yes, Donna shares many intriguing patterns in her book all designed to get your needles clicking. One of the projects that stood out for me is a felted bag. You see, I have listened with interest as knitters shared their stories of felted projects. I have considered the technique…but…something…I’m not sure…what has stopped me. Donna’s inviting description of this technique has encouraged me to give it a try. Watch this blog…I just may follow through.
Now, please excuse me…someone is demanding my attention.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home