Friday, February 09, 2007

A review ...and a peek

We began our Muffin making odyssey on January 17th. Since that time, with your help, I have made four muffins. I was going to - at this time - review each and every muffin. Then I gave my head a shake. If you would like to see them please read back over the old posts.

Okay, so, most of you know I live in British Columbia. Mostly of you also may be aware that I live on a tiny island that gets very little snow. Oh of course there is the occasional exception. Case in point this year when we got large dumps of the stuff. Ha, ha, ha Mother Nature. Big joke. We haven't had the stuff for a while but I am aware that by mentioning it I am jinxing us all. So if we get a large dump tomorrow please accept by apologizes.
Moving on...
Lately Mother Nature has tried a new trick. Have you ever felt that you are trapped in a black and white movie? Looking up you notice the sky and it looks something like this...

The sky is shades of grey.
Well, no special effects here. The picture was taken in colour. Let me type that again, the picture was taken in colour. This is as close to blue skies that we have come for what feels like weeks.
In honour of Mother Nature's latest joke I bring you "...and a peek".
Here's a peek at the purple Muffin I just finished.



Please notice the tassel on the hood. Cute?
I just have one more Muffin to make and then I move on to something new.
On the lookout for something new I scan my stash.

Oh, beautiful natural yarn. Luxury.
What to choose?
Alpaca....

will hopefully become this: Pulse
I know by posting this I am sealing my fate. I am also tempting the knitting gods. If the Alpaca doesn't become Pulse not just me but you will know of my failure. I hope, if that happens, that you will be kind and allow me to cry on your shoulder.
Fibrefest & Knit out Please log on to: http://www.communityknitters.com
Monday: Blow my mind
Week-end: Please read: Leanneism
Log on to www.oknitting.com and click on "Links page".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home