Thursday, February 15, 2007

Another Muffin Recipe

As in posting on a blog, knitting a sweater is not without it's challenges. This is my second attempt at posting. I am currently knitting my last Muffin for...oh...about the third time. Headaches - I've had them.
"So, what's the problem, Leanne. I thought you wrote the Muffin pattern? How can you have problems with it?" You ask.
Well, let me tell you. The problem is not with the pattern it's self but rather with the yarn. If it's not one thing it's the other.
I began by choosing these colours from my stash.

They look pretty here ...but they fight like mad in the sweater. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and ripped the whole mess out.
The yellow went back in the stash. The green and the beige were left.
New problem, the sweater was almost complete and then I realized that I would have insufficient yardage.
Once again the sweater was frogged.
I scanned the stash once again and found a plain beige ball. So the new version was started with two rows of beige speckled yarn and two rows of beige yarn. I am also planning to have green detailing. With hope, this version will not be frogged.
...but please stay tuned I may need the support to regain my sanity.

Oh, yes, and I almost forgot the muffin recipe...

Chocolate chip Banana Muffins (from the Eriksdale Personal Care Home's Family Favourites)

I changed this recipe slightly. Instead of chocolate chips I throw in two tablespoons of peanut butter.

1/2 cup softened butter

1 tsp vanilla

3/4 cup sugar

2 eggs

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

2 mashed bananas

2 tablespoons peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream butter, vanilla, and sugar; beat in eggs, one at a time. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas to creamed mixture; add peanut butter. Place baking cups in muffin tins. Spoon batter into cups. Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home