Wednesday, February 07, 2007

another muffin

Although we don't have snow it is still yucky outside. The skies are gray and it's raining. So taking pictures outside is out. We do what we can.

You may find yourself asking, "Why is Leanne knitting children's sweater after children's sweater? Is she trying to tell us something? Will she soon be a new Mom, Aunt or Grandma?"


The answer is sadly none of the above. The reason I am knitting "Muffin" after "Muffin" is simply to develop inventory.


You see, as I have mentioned before, I am very pleased with my presence on the web. What I am displeased about is my presence in the 'real' world. And so I will be participating in as many craft sales as I can this year. Not the huge craft sales. I'm not quite ready for them yet. It is something that I am building towards, however. No, the craft sales I will participating in are on Mayne Island or if I'm lucky on Salt Spring Island.


I recently was informed that being able to sell through ArtCraft is not a given. I was under this illusion and so this knowledge came as a shock to me. I began to frantically look around for sale opportunities. Recently I discovered the Mayne Island Artist and Crafts Guild. For a very affordable yearly fee (and if you are lucky enough to become a member) you have an opportunity to participate in perhaps as many as three sales a year. The first one to take place Saturday, April 7th. April...
Then there is the Mayne Island Farmer's Market. The Farmer's Market runs from Saturday, May 21st to Saturday, October 8th. It takes place outside on the Agricultural Society grounds.


So now you know why I am in such a mad scrabble to knit, knit and knit some more baby sweaters.


I will try my best to entertain you. It will be a rocky ride to April and so your readership is appreciated.

Tomorrow: Muffin recipe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home