Thursday, February 08, 2007

A muffin recipe

After completing four "Muffin" s I am about ready to cry Uncle.
I know, I'm weak.
So I was delighted to see that I had two muffins left this morning.

The recipe for these muffins came from the recipe book: Family Favourites. Family Favourites was compiled by Eriksdale Personal Care Home.
What or where is Eriksdale?
Eriksdale, Manitoba is where I am originally from. Most of my family still lives there. Occasionally I still find myself referring to it as "home".
I was going to tell you who submitted the recipe. Then I wondered if the person would want their name spread all over the Internet?
Probably not.
Anyway, I am sure they won't mind if I shared the recipe with you. I have changed the recipe. Forming it into a recipe that no one can really lay claim to.

Apple, Strawberry and Almond Muffins

2 cups flour

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup slightly melted butter

2 tsp baking powder

1 egg

1 small apple

4 small strawberries (or more if desired)

1 hand full of whole almonds

Cut the almonds, strawberries and apple into small pieces. Set aside. Mix flour, sugar and baking powder together; cut in butter until mixture resembles crumbs. Add strawberry and apple pieces. Beat egg and milk together. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients; mix until just blended. Fill muffin cups full. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes or until muffin tops are golden brown.

The fact that I only had two muffins left and that my interest in muffins was failing combined in my brain. The result: I will, after I finish my last two muffins, eat and knit something else for a while. I will no doubt return to the muffin pattern. ...but I just need a little, tiny break.

So today I will sew this.

And this week-end I will finish this.
Tomorrow: A review ...and possibly a peek.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home