Thursday, March 27, 2008

What time is it?

I was feeling good…yesterday. You see my world has been one of commencement and labour with no end in sight. Writing, knitting these pursuits are not swift. Then yesterday, ah yesterday the sun shone, the birds sang and…and…I finished something (I hope to supply a picture soon). Yes, my smile stretched from ear to ear.
This something, sadly, was not my neighbour’s vest. As you may recall I planned to have the vest finished by Easter. Easter came and went and…I…am…still…working…on…the…front. Okay, I know my neighbour has abandoned all faith in me. Can I blame her? No.
A mutual friend saw me recently. She looked at me, then looked at my hands and said, “So, where’s the vest?” I know she intended that I laugh but I almost cried.
Okay, you think that’s enough. Well, it’s not. Today I looked at the calendar and realized to my horror that ArtCraft opens in three months. I need inventory for May. Soon, very soon, it will be April. I have casted on stitches for a children's sweater: one of many to be knit for May.
Yet again the vest must wait. Maybe I should tell my neighbour to expect the vest around Christmas? Or maybe it’s best just not to mention it at all.
The vest will be finished. I will have inventory. All things will be done. Yes, oh, yes they will.
Happy knitting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home