Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Attaching sleeves

In today's post we will sew on the sleeves.
When I cast off each sleeves I immediately fold it lengthwise and then set it aside.
Why?
Well, by folding it in half this creates a crease in the sleeve. This crease marks the centre of the sleeve.
Now I lay out the body of the sweater so that the right side of the front and back face me.
I now match the sleeve crease to the shoulder seam and pin. Make sure that right side is kissing right side. It may be helpful to, once the sleeve is pinned, unfold the sleeve. Does it look right? Are both the right side of the sleeve and the right side of the body facing you? May sound easy but you wouldn't believe how many sweaters have dead during this process.

Now sew on the sleeve.


...and we now have sleeves on our sweater.
Tomorrow: sleeve seams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home