Tuesday, February 06, 2007

finished

Yet another 'Muffin' is finished as May looms ever closer.
My Grandma taught me how to finish a sweater. She adviced me never to use knots in my knitting. She promised me that it was not necessary if I would only ensure that the yarn end was woven carefully back and forth.
Well, until she passed away I failed to follow her advice. Then one day I decided to test her theory. So in a sweater I was knitting for myself I used not a knot.
Know what? The sweater was smooth. No yarn ends popped out. Who knew that a knitter with years of experience knew so much about knitting? : )
Some knitters strongly dislike sewing seams. I, however, have always enjoyed hand sewing. ...but don't even show me a sewing machine. I hate the monsters.
Now what arrived in the mail.
Always an interesting read: articles on knitters, knitwear designers, yarn and more. It shines the light on knitting in Canada.
Moreover for me it offers even more. You see I am proud to have a presence on the web. If you google or yahoo "hand knitting patterns" you'll find me on page one. Yet out here in the real world it's a different story. You see it's expensive to advertise in knitting magazines. Or I should say in most magazines. Not so Knit Together: for an affordable yearly fee, my business has a presence in the 'real' world.
I call on all Canadian knitters to support our magazine.
The Canadian Guild of Knitters welcomes American readers. So why not find out what is going on with your Canadian cousins?

Tomorrow: yet another muffin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home