Monday, January 29, 2007

Assembling a muffin

I thought it might be fun to show you how I assemble a muffin. This isn't "the" way to assemble a sweater. It is my way. So if you disagree with a step or have a better way let me know: leanne@oknitting.com Thank you.
As you can see I start assembling by using the three-needle cast (bind off) off to join the shoulder seams. Would you like this method to be explained email me: leanne@oknitting.com
Next I sew the hood seams. Turn the work inside out and begin to sew the seam. I use the mattress stitch. Simply lay the two pieces you would like to sew together butt to butt. Then slide your threaded darning needle through the side stitches on each piece.

Now its time to sew on the pocket. I find it easier to attach the pocket before sewing the side seams. Measure to ensure that the pocket is placed in the middle of the front. Then use those fancy plastic knitting pins to pin the pocket on. The pins will hold the pocket on until you can sew it secure.
Tomorrow: Log on to see me sew seams: the pocket, sleeves, and sides. ...and we just may weave in ends as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home