Monday, February 05, 2007

sewing side seams

Behold a sweater in need of sewn sides.

The sweater is right side out.
I begin at the bottom and slowly work my way up. I sew the waist using the mattress seam.


Then I sew the armholes.
You: "Excuse me, but haven't we already sewn the armholes?"
Me: "The armholes get a lot of wear and tear so it is important to reinforce the seam."

I would like to apologize for the quality of the next picture. It is very blurry. I tried some magic and sadly it didn't help. Anyway between the waist and the armhole lays the rest of the sweater. To sew this part, I turn the sweater inside out. I sew a seam as close to the edge of the sweater as possible. Then in to the top of the sweater and out through the bottom. In to the bottom of the sweater and out through the top. Make sure you leave no holes.

And now, behold our sweater has sides.

Right side of the sweater.


The wrong side.
What awaits us is weaving in all those ends.
Tomorrow: a muffin finished and what came in the mail.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home