Thursday, July 13, 2006

An addiction

A "friend" taught me to cast on - it was all downhill from there. I slipped into the life so easily. It all seemed so innocent. It's just lacework I told myself what harm could it do. Next thing I know I'm doing cables line after line, row after row. I can't stop myself. I'm not myself - something else had taken over. Then came the hard stuff intarsia I couldn't get enough. I found myself sneaking off to knitting raves. Raves where I broke needles. Exchanged yarn. It wasn't pretty. I couldn't stop myself.
The best thing you can do is not start. When you see a yarn shop cross to the other side of the street.

Signs you may have a knitting addiction:
-Meals are late, cold or burnt.
-Laundry is mounting up.
-The house is a mess.
-Children complain about being bored.
-Your significant other begs you to lay down your needles.
Don't let this madness happen to you or a loved one.

A message from Significant Others for more peaceful living.

Copyright by Leanne Dyck July 13, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home