Thursday, July 06, 2006

In search of a publisher

I innocently stopped off at the mail box yesterday. I was blissfully unaware of what awaited me there. I usually can't wait to look through the incoming. Yesterday was no different. A large brown envelop stood out among the rest. I quickly realized that it was "the manuscript". The first manuscript that I have ever submitted to any publisher anywhere. I was overcome by a feeling of failure. I had carefully matched my manuscript to a publisher who I was sure would appreciate it.
I managed to wait until I arrived home to tear the envelop open. There I found a form letter. The publisher encouraged me to continue submitting the manuscript to publishers. I will follow their advise. I still believe in the merit of my craft/picture book. I will not give up on it.
I am encouraged by a story regarding one of my favourite children's book: Love You Forever. Apparently Robert Munsch (http://www.robertmunsch.com/playstory.cfm?bookid=40) submitted this manuscript to nine publishers before it was finally published. That means I have at least eight more publishers to go. Ready or not here I come. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home