Sunday, July 09, 2006

Finding it

Sorry about the lack of post yesterday. Hubby and I went off-island to complete a long list of tasks.

One of the tasks took us to downtown Victoria. We hadn't been there for a very long time so our city navigation skills are a little rusty. Or at least mine are - Hubby was driving.

Urban BC is rather civilized when it comes to street signs. Read a street sign and you not only learn the name of the street but also the street number (i.e. 600 block). This makes up the for the lack of numbers on the buildings ...I guess. : ( I was surprised to see how jammed up together the buildings are. Yes, I don't get off island much. I was just about to ask Hubby, "Where do you think..." and there was the building in front of my eyes.

During the ferry ride home, the Captain announced that we were approaching a pond of Killer Whales. We, passengers waited with eager anticipation. I was just about to turn to ask Hubby, "Where are they..." when there was a fin right in front of my eyes.

My search for an ISBN number application form was much like this: easily solved once I knew where to look. Nation-wide the web site address is: www.collectioncanada.ca I have to wait five to ten days and then the holy grail will be mine ...I hope. Positive thoughts appreciated.

Lesson learnt: Keep your eyes open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home