Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day

So my mission was discover how we on Mayne Island celebrate Canada Day. Of course it is impossible for me to visit all residents individually. So I decided to join the masses. They all meet at Dinner Bay Park. When I was there this is what I saw.
'Oh Canada'
We all sung the national athem as the flag flew.

'We stand on guard for thee'

The above picture is of Hubby standing in front of the Rapid Attack truck. He was only one of the service personal present. Also present was the rest of the firefighter as well Mayne Island RCMP constable.

So there you have it: Canada Day on Mayne Island.

Later we will do what we do best: gather in small groups to celebrate. Yet another day to enjoy each others company and give thanks that we live on such a beautiful island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home