Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Mayne Island's writers group

You may recall that one of the reasons that I started this blog was to improve my writing skills. I made a pact that I would post one entry each day. I have been more or less faithful to this pact. The occasional slip has occurred - after all I am only human.

On Mayne Island, I established a writers group hoping that this too would help. It did help enormously.

It was relatively easy to establish the group. In a small island it is easy to discover people with like interests. I found word of mouth the best way to advertise. We meet in our local library - after hours.

I found a group of talented supportive people who aided my growth as a writer.

Unfortunately, life happens and people's priority chance. I was worried that the writers group was dieing a slow painful death. Fewer and fewer people showed up for the monthly meetings. Last month and this there were just two of us. I had begun to come to terms with the fact that I would lose this useful group. However, last night Hubby informed me that a mutual friend would be moving to the island full-time. She is a published authour. She is interested in joining the group. I know of at least one other person who is eager to attend the group. Three the magic number. Two is sure death but three is growth. You can build on three.
Wish us luck. Positive thoughts are always appreciated. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home