Friday, May 26, 2006

Knitting camp

I know...I know...I promised a picture of my finished Knitalong. Sunday I promise. No excuses. In fact, I promise you even more. I will walk you through the finishing process.
Now. I just wrote this. It needs an audience so can I please borrow your eyes, thank you.

Two guys talking...
"All I want is a nice old fashioned girl...what is wrong with that."
"Yawn. How would you like me to categorize my response: alphabetically or..."
"Very funny. We're not all cut-out for mindless, emotionaless one night stands."
"Pity that. They are tons of fun."
"Can you be at all helpful?"
"Oh, you're being serious. You seriously want me to help you find a sweet old fashioned girl."
"No, I just you to mock my problem."
"I have tried...Let's see sweet old fashioned girl, old fashioned, handmade, handicrafts, crafts done with your hands...Brilliant. I am truly brilliant. You, my friend, should take up knitting."
"I said old fashioned not old."
"Have you seen the women who are knitting these days?"
"No, no I can't say that I have...which is rather strange what with my passion for textiles and everything."
"They are sexy! Young, hot, and ever so caring. Caring in a nice old fashioned way."
"How would you know?"
"Remember Mary Lee."
"44, 28, 34"
"That's her. Well, she knit me this sweater. She was passionate about knitting. She was passionate about a few things as I recall."
"So, where is she?"
"I could give her a call. Set you up..."
"No, thanks, I don't want your sloppy seconds. I simply meant if she was so perfect why'd you break it off?"
"Sweater curse: They knit you a sweater. It marks you as theirs. Its like a dog peeing on a tree. I'm no tree. I won't be marked."
"So, you ditched the knitter but kept the sweater?"
"I'm way too much for one woman."
"You're too much, alright. So knitting? How does that help me? I can't knit."
"That's the beauty of it, my boy. She'll teach you to knit while you teach her other things."
"So where would I meet 'her'. Where do knitters flock?"
"Mary Lee was always trying to drag me off to some knitting camp. She taught at one during the summer. If you like I can give her a call and get all the info."
"Sure. Why not. I can't imagine there are too many guys this desperate. The ratio could work out quite nicely in my favour."

Copyright by Leanne Dyck on May 26, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home