Sunday, May 28, 2006

Knitalong: the end

The bottom of my version was worked in Stockinette stitch. I cast off my first blocks in these stitch following the pattern. I soon discovered the necessity to rip the cast off row back and re-do in a rib stitch (knit one, purl one). This then allows the cast off row to stretch.
Seen here are the bottom Stockinette stitch blocks, the top seed stitch blocks and a sleeve. The sleeve is worked in:
Row 1: knit - to end of row.
Row 2: *knit one, purl - repeat from * to end of row.
Repeat row 1 and 2 for pattern.

Here you see the back.

Seen here, the front and back as well as neck and shoulder seams sewn together.
All sews done - accept the side and sleeve seams.
The back: I outlined the blue blocks in a blanket stitch. This gives the sweater a primitive look.
The front: I'm not totally thrilled with it. I can see revisiting the design idea in the future. I like the portability of the design. I dislike the amount of finishing involved. The design would make an excellent group project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home