Sunday, December 11, 2005

A day late - a dollar short

I am excited to tell you of my latest adventure. This tale begins as many do at the beginning.
Here I am at the Mayne Island ferry terminal waiting to begin my journey. I am usually apprehensive when I travel by myself. I like the idea of travel. However, the reality of travel is something else. It is hard for me to leave the security of my island nest to venture forth into the wilds of city life. Hubby had taken the early ferry. He works two days a week on the mainland. He will be there to meet me on the other side.
'Flavours of Vancouver' the reason for my travel. Partial proceeds from its sale are going to Save the Children Canada. Their work helps children in need from Canada and around the world.
I am so excited to see this sign. Hubby and I barely slept last night. We have woken at 4 am. Arriving at 5:30 am, we are among the first arrivals. I have never been behind the scenes of a radio program. Let alone an invited guest. ...and CBC radio has been a family tradition. Need I say more.
Yes, indeed, I am on radio. I am thrilled. The interview lasts no more than five minutes but BC has heard me. Everyone bends over backwards to make me feel at home. I am a proud devoted CBC listener. (From left to right Rick Cluff, me, Margaret Gallagher).
...and my adventure ends. This is the Delta cargo port as viewed as we make our way to the ferry which will take us home to Mayne Island. It was a special trip in many ways: hubby's work Christmas party, shopping, and mainland culture.

Travel outside your comfort zone - the rewards are worth it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home