Sunday, December 04, 2005

Canada's really big

The Arrogant Worms, one of my favourite music groups, wrote a song called - you guessed it - Canada's really big. Check out the lyrics at http://www.lyricsdouwnload.com/arrogant-worms-the-canada-s-really-big-lyrics.html Basically the song suggests that we Canadians should be very proud because of the size of our country.

Well maybe but lately the size of our country has brought forth in me other emotions that are slightly less positive. These emotions can be described in one word: frustration.

Allow me to explain. This year a friend introduced me to the Yarn Harlot. I begin everyday with a smile on my face due to this entertaining authour

and her fine book.

Lately I have begun to visit her at www.yarnharlot.ca/blog It is always an entertaining visit.

A couple of days back she posted that she would be having a book launch at Toronto's Textile Museum. The Textile Museum... a place I have been wanting to visit. Yes, if I could get to Toronto I would shake Stephanie's hand and buy her book. What a wonderful day it would be.

Unfortunately, Canada is just too big. If you are lucky enough to be in Ontario I do hope you can attend: December 7th at 6 pm. Think of me stuck here on beautiful Mayne Island, BC. No, actually on that day I will be starting my off-island adventure. More on this in future posts.

All the best for a successful launch Stephanie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home