Monday, November 28, 2005

If da Vinci knit: part VII

This is the last installment of a seven part blog on knitting groups.

Sincerely I am pleased to say that I have found the knitting community to be kind and supportive. Regardless of where I meet knitters - circle or guild - I have always left with a lighter heart. I would encourage you all to join a knitting group.

A word of caution: I wrote the following questionnaire with a sense of fun. It is my hope that you will read it in the spirit that I wrote it.

Where do you belong?
Knitting Circle:
If you answer "yes" to any of these questions it here that you belong.
-Are you an activist, revolutionary, or social worker?
-Do you like to knit while nursing a martini?
-Do you proudly display your rainbow flag?
-Do you know the name of the sheep whose wool you bought?
-Do you enjoy knitting outside on the grass?
-Would you love to attend a knit-out?
-Is your favourite expression, "You go girl!"
Basically, knitting circles are touchy feely places where you can connect with your inner child.
Knitting Guild:
If you answer "yes"to any of these questions it is here that you belong.
-Are you a banker, accountant, or high school teacher?
-Do you like to knit while balancing your chequebook?
-Do you know the correct way to knit a...? Or wish to learn the correct way to knit a...?
-Do you enjoy knitting at work?
-Is your favourite expression, "That's yarn not wool."?
-Do you have a knitting workshop marked on your calendar?
Basically, knitting guilds are full of knitting police who will teach you the "right" way to knit.
If you like me have answered yes to both groups you are lucky indeed for you belong in both circles and guilds.
Knitting two together will create a beautiful design.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home