Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The post I promised is on its way

I apologize. This morning I didn't stick to my plan. Instead I did some research for the novel (novella) I'm working on. Interesting stuff.

I found a poem that I remember first encountering as a teenager. It shaped my young mind.

First They Came for the Jews by Pastor Niemoller

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew

Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist

Then they came for me and
there was no one left to
speak out.

I found the poem after doing some research on the Patriot Act. In that light, the poem spoke loudly to me.

Love and acceptance will always finally win out ...this I believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home