Thursday, February 05, 2009

Walking in the moonlight

Last night I had the coolest experience.
The time was nine pm and I went out to meet Hubby's ferry.
There are a total of approximately eight street lights on Mayne Island. So I always take a flashlight when I go walking at night.
Usually at night there are very few cars and no people on the road I walk down.
Sometimes I turn off the flashlight while I walk. When I do that I'm overcome by an other worldly feeling. Its as if I have become a disembodied head. I exist without my body.
Last night I turned off the flashlight.
Last night the moon was high in the sky.
Last night moonlight filled the island.
Looking down I could see my white running shoes glowing in the light.
Looking up I could see a large ring around the moon.
The whole experience was so peaceful, so memoriable.
It was a simple experience but one I wish to hold on to.
Today, as I recall that experience, I'm knitting along to...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkkM7K6smQA&feature=related

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home