Monday, March 02, 2009

Weather report

Well, its a new month. On Mayne Island, March means wind and that spring has finally found us. Although, we could still get a few flakes of snow. The wind means that ferry travel becomes even more complicated. The ferry is the only means off Mayne Island - unless of course you have your own boat or you can afford to travel by plane.
Today, as I walked with hubby to the ferry (for exercise - I stay on Mayne), I saw two long lines of cars wait to take their chances on the rocking and rolling sea. I stopped to talk with a friend and apparently the wind had been predicted. However, it was early. The wind was to start at 8 am. I spoke with her shortly before 7:30 am.
Wind, big deal, eh?
Well, on a small island it can be a big deal. It can mean that our fragile tie to the world is severed. We could kiss our electricity, our phone and our Internet good-bye. It can also mean that the ferry refuses to run. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I would like to have Hubby home tonight.
Other than that, things are grand. No complaints.
Until later, all the best,
Leanne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home