Thursday, January 22, 2009

A gift to enjoy

Yesterday I enjoyed the Christmas present that Hubby gave me this year.

What was that gift, you ask.

Before I tell you that, let me tell you this...
A couple of years ago, Hubby's body began to retaliate against years of ill treatment. Not only was there pain but there was also lack of mobility. Thankfully I knew of a talented, young massage therapist who lived and worked on the island. Thankfully I encountered her at a meeting. Thankfully I had an opportunity to set an appointment for Hubby. I told her that I wasn't too sure how "into" this Hubby would be. He is definitely not a horse you can led to water. Fortunately, though I had waited just long enough and he was willing to try anything to improve his situation. So he went, he enjoyed, and his situation improved. He is now Dove's walking, talking billboard.

This Christmas Hubby bought me a gift certificate for a massage with...you guessed it...the exact same therapist. The irony wasn't lost on Dove.

He gave me a gift certificate for a massage...
Me the person who likes at least four feet of personal space
Me the person who tenses when touched

I do recall attempting to receive massages in the past. It usually result with the masseuse suggesting rather loudly that I "Just relax". Their frustration clearly heard by all. However, Hubby pointed out that Dove wasn't a masseuse. She was a massage therapist.

Regardless, needless to say, I was apprehensive about accepting the gift. She was still going to come closer to me that four feet. She was still going to touch me.

Baring all that in mind, what made me change my mind? You may ask...and I will tell you.

-I knew and trusted Dove
-I had fallen over the holidays...very hard...on my back. I was still in pain.
-I thought it might help my IBS...anything that even hints of helping my IBS I'm for. (Well, within reason)

So, yesterday I arrived for my appointment. I was still apprehensive but immediately Dove reduced my stress. I crawled up on the table...still apprehensive. Once again Dove assured me that I was in charge. That I could stop the treatment at any time. Reassured I drifted off and let her work.

It was to be an hour long treatment. It was to be... and it was...but it sure didn't seem like it. I could still be on that table.

If you live on Mayne Island...if you can get to Mayne island...if you are in need of a massage...if you have ever thought of receiving one. Run don't walk...Meadow Dove Lang, registered massage therapist...her number is...(250)539 0627 You will be so glad you did.

And, no, in no way did she pay for or in any other way force me to write this. Actually she doesn't even know that I'm writing this...sh-h-h, it will just be our little secret. Except that I don't mind if you tell the world. I...too...now...am a walking, talking billboard.

Relax and release the tension
Leanne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home