Monday, January 26, 2009

Design...rethink

Its a crisp day here on the sunny isle of Mayne. The radio warns that snow will return. And in further news...I missed the early morning ferry and have troubles of another nature...
What I want to do is have a double knit button band on my cardigan. I thought I could knit the band and the front at the same time.
So I tried...
Double knit band with 4 x 4 ribbing. It didn't work.
Of course, I thought, the double knit band needs something more stable than ribbing.
So I tried...

Double knit band with two yarns worked in Stockinette stitch.
As you can see it didn't work either. The double knit is just too heavy.
Do I have another idea, you ask.
Why yes, I say. I will have to knit the button band and the cardigan fronts separately.
The key will be to measure and measure carefully.
Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home