Sunday, November 23, 2008

Magic at Mayne Island's Ag Hall

As a little girl, I was captivated with stories about straw being spun into gold. I remained captivated until I moved to Mayne Island where such a thing is an every day occurrence. I am overwhelmed by the talent that abounds on this island.

Behold the magic...













Please notice the jars of jams and jellies on this table. I did. I had to, couldn't refuse a jar of blackberry jam and although it does contain sugar I have been indulging. May my IBS forgive me and let it pass. I did make another purchase during my stop at this table. I will tell you about it next week when I make a shocking confession, please stay tuned for that one its a biggy.
Aren't these clever? It was also sold at this table...although not for long. Someone snapped them up.




Yes, Mayne Island has firefighters. Thank goodness. These brave dudes are always available when we need them. And now we have our own firefighter calendar. They're going fast. So if you see one grab it. All the money is going to a great and necessary cause.


I do deeply apologize for the camerperson's lack of ability, Ingrid. We should have taken that other shot. I also apologize for my oversight: it seems, although I have no idea how this is even possible, that I forgot to take a picture of my friend Celia's table. Had I only the ability to turn back time.
The hustle and bustle that was the Ag Hall and the only shot that I have of Celia's table. You can see one red corner and resting there is shortbread. Ah, now I know why I forgot to take a picture of the table. Shortbread wonderful shortbread I crave it. Celia makes mouth-watering shortbread. And I sadly can no longer digest it. Hence the reason I forgot to take a picture: my attempt to block it from view.


Also next week I will confess the blunder that I made while knitting at the Ag Hall, in my post entitled: Has this ever happened to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home