Friday, November 21, 2008

Celebrate the magic

Roger Whittaker sings: A Special Kind of Man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REK2kr_NURY

The Magic Carpet

"Come for a ride on my magic carpet," my cousin said to me. "And we will travel far away and distant lands we'll see.
We'll fly over teal-coloured seas,
We'll see tall snow-capped mountains,
We'll find wondrous treasures.
All will be yours.
If you'll only travel with me."

"That's not a magic carpet! It's only an old rug," I declared.

"Ah, yes, if you look with your eyes. But you must see with your heart," my cousin said to me.

Suddenly, before my very eyes the rug underwent a mystical transformation and became a magic carpet.

I gleefully jumped on, determined to go for a ride. Immediately it leapt into action. It rose higher and still higher, breaking through the living room ceiling. And still it rose higher, sailing into the blue sky of our tiny little town. Still it didn't stop. It rose higher. The sun shone on my face. The wind whipped through my hair. My eyes filled with delights. My mind reeled with possibilities.

Oh, what a gift my cousin gave to me that day.

(c) ldyck 4/07

Celebrate the people who bring magic to your life.

And please don't forget to visit Mayne Island's Ag hall tomorrow. Magic awaits you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home