Monday, July 21, 2008

Beginning, Middle, End

I fly from knitting project to knitting project. It seems I am in a never-ending state of creating. In my own timid way, I boldly go where few have gone before.
Beginning...
I bought this variegated sea silk last year. It called to me and I had to have it. You know how it is. I bought one skein because the price made me shy. All the projects that I thought would do it justice demanded at least two skeins. At last years Church fair, I found the cotton crochet yarn. The two fibres lived happily in my studio until today. Today they were wedded together. I love the combination. My plan is to create them into a shrug. I didn't do the whole swatch wash thing. I have no idea if they will live happily ever after. (Don't do this at home boys and girls.)

Middle...
Someone gave me their old stash. Some of the yarn was wrapped in yarn bands. These yarn bands told me the fibre content and care instructions. Some yarn didn't. I fell head over heels in love with some burgundy yarn. It didn't have a yarn band. Some of this burgundy yarn felt like mohair, some didn't. I threw caution to the wind and cast on. I loved my creation. I knew I would wear it often. I had a skirt that cried out for it. I finished this much...

then I abandoned it for another project. Today I found it again and want...need to finish it. However, I have a whole list of questions. How many stitches did I cast on. The bottom section appears to be 4 x 4 rib, the top section appears to be moss. Am I right? How long are each section? You know I am committing many knitting sins with this little number. I know I am but I can't help myself. Please forgive me. Please wish me well.

End...
I finished this sweater just in time for tomorrow.
"What is happening tomorrow?," You may ask.
Well, I am marketing my baby sweaters to a children's clothing boutique.
Your positive thoughts are appreciated.
Knit on...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home